My heavenly dish - a delicious dessert
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking or baking time: 5 min.
Total preparation time: 15 min.
A delicious dessert that is popular in Baltic countries. Goes well with the Advent season! The old recipe comes from? The Rigasche Cookbook of 1901 ?. I found it in another cookbook and tried it.
- 1 L red fruit juice (possibly organic juice without added sugar)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 70 g wheat semolina
- whipped cream
- Boil juice and sugar.
- Pour the semolina into the liquid with stirring, cook for 5 minutes until the semolina is cooked.
- Pour the hot mixture into a large bowl, allow to cool. Stir several times over time so that no skin forms.
- Beat the porridge with the mixer until it is light red.
- Serve in bowls with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
With nutmeg orange sugar comes a special touch.