Potato and mushroom gratin
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 40 min.
Total preparation time: 1 hr.
A very tasty dish made from wafer-thin potato slices, mushrooms and bacon with a golden-brown cheese crust.
For 3-4 servings:
- 500 to 600 g small to medium potatoes (preferably floury)
- 400 g fresh mushrooms
- 100 g bacon
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- 200 ml of cream
- 2 eggs
- Salt, pepper, a little nutmeg
- 200 g of grated cheese (eg Emmentaler)
- a little butter
- The oven is preheated to 200 degrees top / bottom heat.
- The potatoes are peeled and cut into very thin slices, this is best suited to a multi-hand grater. The mushrooms are cleaned and also cut into thin slices.
- Layer the potato and mushroom slices in a flat, buttered casserole dish, season well with salt and pepper and spread the bacon cut into small pieces over it.
- The vegetable broth is mixed with the cream and eggs and seasoned with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Then pour the cream-egg mixture over the vegetable slices and spread the grated cheese and a few butterflakes.
- Now the mold is pushed onto a lower rail in the preheated oven and baked the whole thing about golden brown for about 40 minutes.
This is best served a fresh salad.