Semmelschmarrn with applesauce
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 15 min.
Total preparation time: 35 min.
Delicious quick lunch: Semmelschmarrn with applesauce is a very popular dessert here.
With us there are often times as a change to the Kaiserschmarnn the Semmelschmarrn, especially if you have just bought too many rolls and still more leftover, this dessert is good.
- 8 stale rolls (rolls)
- 500 ml of milk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 pck vanillin sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 eggs
- Magarine or clarified butter (I like to take Rama)
- Slice the rolls and place in a large bowl.
- Mix milk and eggs in another bowl well with a whisk and add salt, sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Now pour the milk mixture well over the slices and stir with a spoon.
- Now let it soak in for about 15 minutes and stir in between, so that the milk spreads well.
- Now always fry some of it in a large pan and press even smaller with a wooden spoon.
Arrange the breadcrumbs on the plates and sprinkle with sugar, also good with powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar mixture, applesauce tastes.
Sufficient for about 5-6 people.