Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 2 hours
Total preparation time: 2 hours 20 minutes
This gyros is very juicy and tender. I do that very often, as we love Greek food. The preparation is quick and very easy.
Ingredients for 4 to 5 people
- 1.5 kg of pork from the neck, which is too greasy, can also take lean meat
- 3 onions
- 1 pck. Gyros spice
- Oil, salt and pepper
- Cut the meat longitudinally into thin slices with the butcher. This is also possible at home with the bread machine.
- Cut the onions into rings and mix the gyros spice with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat the meat and place on a greased sheet in 2 rows, apply the seasoning mixture with a brush and spread a layer of onion on it. Now continue until the meat is all. The top layer should end with meat as the onions can burn quickly.
- On the plate I make some water, so you can water the roast from time to time, so it does not get too dry.
- Now comes the roast for about 2 hours at 180 degrees in the oven.
- When it's done, you can carefully pull it on a board and cut it into small strips from the side.
- I also serve baguette, salad and tzatziki.