Tomato and potato dumplings
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 10 min.
Total preparation time: 30 min.
for 2 servings
- 1/2 pack of potato dumpling flour
- 200 ml of water
- 2 heaped teaspoons of tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable broth powder
- Mix water, tomato paste and brewing powder. Stir at least 8 tablespoons of dumpling flour, let it swell for 10 minutes.
- The dough must be firm and malleable, otherwise add some potato dumpling flour and let it swell again.
- Then make small dumplings by hand, for portioning you can take a teaspoon.
- Put the dumplings on a plate, boil a pot of enough water (the dumplings must be able to swim in it) and add the dumplings to the pot with a ladle. These sink first on the bottom of the pot, if they swim on the surface, they are even.
- Skim off with the trowel. Finished.
As an alternative to broth you can also take some vegetable juice or carrot juice and refine it with Provencal herbs.
As a side dish, chicken breast and carrots steamed in olive oil are particularly suitable. As a sauce, I always use cream cheese, which I just dilute with a little milk and heat slightly.