Red Lentil Balls - as sharp as Oskar!
Have years ago in an international women's group when cooking tried different things, including. got the following recipe from a Turkish girl and ... because an FM member has already received a lot of praise for this finger food, I would like to share it with you. Unfortunately I can not (yet) serve with a picture.
- 250 g fine bulgur (wheat groats)
- 250 g red lentils
- 1 bunch of spring onions or 2 onions
- 1/2 bunch of leaf parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons tomato or paprika mark
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt, pepper, at will
- 1 garlic clove or garlic powder, hot chilli powder
Salad leaves, a few slices of lemon, some parsley
- Wash the lentils and bring to the boil with 750 ml of water. Cook on a low heat for about 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Once the lentils are cooked ... do not drain ... remove the pot from the heat and add the bulgur. Approximately Let it cover for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and sauté the finely chopped onions. Then add the tomato paste or paprika and simmer.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir the contents into the bulgur-lentil mixture.
- Allow to cool slightly and season with the chopped parsley, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and chili powder ... have plenty of chili powder taken ... in between taste is recommended! May like to taste quite spicy, but ... is a matter of taste. Leave quiet time, the sharpness needs unfolding :)
- The dough is quite firm and you need strength to stir the mixture nicely evenly!
- Form small balls (like big walnuts) out of the dough. Best with a tablespoon of dough "cut off" and in the hollow hand to form balls. Just make so big that you can make it disappear in your mouth at once, otherwise crumbles something :)
- Lay a plate or a plate with lettuce leaves and arrange the balls on top, garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
Makes about 30 - 40 pieces, depending on the size.